Re: American Airlines L1011 ???

Date:         03 Dec 99 02:10:06
From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>

Hugh Dickson wrote:

> Chuck Till wrote:
> > >In the early 90's, American operated two (leased or borrowed) L1011's
> > >for only a few summer months.
> >
> > News to me. I wonder if they were ex-HA L10s that were being displaced
> > by the D10s that AA leased to HA.
>
> Aloha,  HA never operated L10s.  Still use the
> former AA -10s.     Hugh

	Hawaiian Airlines DID operate L-1011s - they retired them when they
picked up the ex-AA DC-10s.  I know because I rode one Seattle to
Honolulu in c.1993.  The aircraft were previously used by a Japanese
airline and still had a lot of dual language signs.  Additionally, after
a little while in cruise, I noticed that you could see where the
Japanese registration had been painted over on the wing upper surface.