Re: American Airlines L1011 ???

Date:         03 Dec 99 02:10:05
From:         tbenz@halcyon.com (Tom Benedict)

In article <airliners.1999.1189@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Hugh Dickson
<hnlhugh@pixi.com> wrote:

> Aloha,  HA never operated L10s.  Still use the
> former AA -10s.     Hugh

HA did indeed operate TriStars in the mid-80s. I was operations manager
for HA at SEA in 1986. The L1011 fleet was leased from Boeing Equipment
and had been previously operated on shorthauls in Japan by ANA. HA had
them modified to support the trip across the pond, but they were a load
planning nightmare. HA insisted on packing 366 seats on those birds. Had
to sharpen my weight and balance pencil frequently, especially in winter
when headwinds on the west bound trip lengthened flight times to over 5
hours.

Tom Benedict
tbenz@halcyon.com