Re: Seat mile costs

Date:         04 Jan 99 22:20:46
From:         John Vincent Lombardi <uniphone@home.com>

In article <airliners.1998.1891@ohare.Chicago.COM> , Marc Schaeffer
<marcmsc**@cmdnet.lu>  wrote:

>Where can I get *real* values for seat mile costs from both Airbus and
>Boeing. If anyone has some figures I would like to know which costs are
>included, what trip length it is based on ...
>
>I am aware that this is rather hot data but I would really like to see
>some of it ...

The closest I have seen to *real* figures are the ones published in Air
Transport World. Each month they publish representative figures for three
similar types, breaking down the costs and listing sample size (and the all
important average stage length). Also included are resale values.

This is the only available data I have seen that isn't "filtered" by
manufacturer or airline.

John

--
John Vincent Lombardi               uniphone@home.com