Re: B777-300/B777-300ER???

Date:         01 Feb 99 02:37:22
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>Thanks for a very informative post.  What happened to line numbers 1
>and 6?  I thought Boeing skipped the full-scale prototype on the 777
>... is this false?

LN 1 is still owned by Boeing, though unlike 747 #1 it's a production
aircraft and is certified such that it can be sold to an airline.  I had
heard a year or so ago that they were trying to sell it, but haven't had
much luck so far.

LN 6 was the first 777 for British Airways, now registered G-ZZZA and
named Sir Frank Whittle.  It was also the first GE90-powered 777.

  - Andrew A. Rooney