Re: Strange 707 at Burbank

Date:         21 Nov 99 23:56:39
From:         "Simo Lallukka" <simo.lallukka@kolumbus.fi>

David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com> wrote in message <airliners.1999.1176@ohare.Chicago.COM> ...
> Stuart Feigin wrote:
> > I saw a very strange looking 707 yesterday at the
> > Burbank airport.  I glanced out the window and saw
> > a 707 with enormous winglets taxi

DC 8 operator Cargolion:
- B-707: The Boeing 707 freighter is meeting most of the cost and
performance criteria of the DC-8. The two major disadvantages of the B-707
are ICAO Chapter III noise regulations and its remaining life expectancy.
Although there are some projects engaged in certifying a hush kit for the
B-707 to meet ICAO Chapter III noise regulation standards (Burbank in mid
1998), this hush kit will be about three to four times as expensive as the
hush kit for the DC-8-62FH.
Simo Lallukka