Re: American Airlines L1011 ???

Date:         05 Nov 99 00:03:58
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>I don't know of any 1011's but AAL leased 2 747-SP's until the MD-11's
>came on line (around fall 91). They fly from DFW-NRT

They bought both of them, from TWA, in the second half of 1986 for the
DFW-NRT route.  They were sold in 1990 but leased back until early 1993.
Once the MD-11s started coming on-line, they moved to Atlantic routes.
I'm pretty sure they were regulars on JFK-LHR for a while.

I've never heard of American operating an L-1011.

  - Andrew A. Rooney