Re: Last Convair 990 Flight?

Date:         30 Oct 99 17:55:44
From:         Steve Lacker <no@spam.thanks>

Scott Peterson wrote:
> The show, which will be called "Jumbo Jet Crash: The Ultimate Safety
> Test" wants to crash a Convair 990 into a dry lake in San Bernardino
> County in California.

Pathetic. Calling the 990, about the size of a DC-9, a 'Jumbo' is pretty
silly. Wantonly destroying one is  ridiculous. Of course, they bought it
so they can pretty much do whatever they want with it :-(

Even if it happens, I doubt it will be the "last flight of a 990."  I
believe NASA still owns one and their fleet of old-timers tends to get
used, if infrequently, for a very long time.

-- Stephen G. Lacker
sglacker at texas dot net