Re: A 320

Date:         01 Feb 99 02:37:13
From:         "R.R.B.777" <Richard.RECLUS@wanadoo.fr>

Diego T a écrit dans le message ...
>Hallo guys!
>my name is Diego, i'm a young co-pilot in the A320. I'd like to know if
>some of you "Old Eagle" have a strange filling with the FMGS. According to
>me, some time the system il very lazy, it take several seconds to react at
>a change in the FCU. It's normal? And if it's so, why is so slow to react?
>My laptop is faster!

I think this could be due to the fact that FMGC (remember that this plane
has been produced for 10 years now) is powered by the old but reliable 68000
by motorola and has only about 190k of memory, but when I was flying it I
found it fast enough to perform normal operations and very ergonomic .
However I think that A321-A330-A340 have more powerful processor/memory but
I can be wrong .

R.R.B777