Re: Windshield blow out

Date:         17 Oct 99 23:29:28
From:         Leo Kok <lkok@dehavilland.ca>

"David G. Davidson" wrote:
> Does anyone have any information on the BA BAC1-11 that had the captain's
> windshield blow out? I'd really like to see an accident report.

traced  to some faulty installed bolts on the windshield...it came unstuck
also pilot almost got sucked out...he wasn't strapped in...
two immediate things happened
    1) CAA went to mandate pilots be strapped in during flight...most were
       doing it but this made it official
    2) new guidelines in the design of windows, surrounds and pressure
       shells in event of full transparency loss....
          FAR/JAR 25.365(e-2) Admt -72 / Change 13

--
Leo J.J. Kok                          PHONE: (416)375-3363
Bombardier Aerospace                  FAX:   (416)373-7361