Re: Windshield blow out

Date:         17 Oct 99 23:29:27
From:         James Matthew Weber <jmweber@goodnet.com>

At 05:38 PM 10/3/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any information on the BA BAC1-11 that had the captain's
>windshield blow out? I'd really like to see an accident report.

IIRC, The windshield was replaced, however when it was replaced, the wrong
size nuts/bolts were used, they were undersize, and  eventually slid
through though the holes, causing the windshield to popout, and the captain
partially out with it. The aircraft did make a safe landing, and the
captain survived the incident, with some abraisions and frost bite.

James Matthew Weber   (623) 587 7514 .  Fax  (623) 434 7598