Re: A330-100?

Date:         17 Oct 99 23:29:25
From:         spagiola@my-deja.com

H Andrew Chuang <chuanga@cris.com> wrote:
> Singapore's B777 order did take place after SQ was searching for
> an A310 replacement.  However, the B777 order was not an A310
> replacement.  Singapore is still actively looking for an A310
> replacement.

My understanding (from SQ sources) is that SQ's intention was indeed to
replace A310s with 777-200s, counting on traffic growth to keep load
factors up. But the Asian crisis meant traffic declined, so that the
777-200 would have been too large for most routes, so the A310s were
retained and a search for a replacement continues.

Stefano Pagiola
--
All opinions are my own.
http://www.geocities.com/spagiola/self.html