Re: A310 (ex Boeing naming convention for 777)

Date:         03 Oct 99 17:38:43
From:         th89cz@my-deja.com (Matthias Klaus)

In article <airliners.1999.1037@ohare.Chicago.COM>,  spagiola@my-deja.com wrote:
> Sorry, that was a typo. What I would have said had I typed it right is
> that I'd never heard of an A310 with a THREE-crew cockpit. AFAIK, all
> A310s have 2-crew cockpits.

Stefano,
that not right. The Airbus A310-200 started as three-crew airplane,
then, at about 1984, the cockpit was totally redesigned to 2-crew
configuration. In fact, most, if not all A310 actually in service at
FedEx are 3-crew aircraft. BTW, the first A310 ever to be built, S/N 162
(formerly owned by Swissair), is also operated by FedEx..

Matthias

--
Matthias
Hamburg, Germany