Re: 3X Jet

Date:         28 Jun 98 18:47:24
From:         "P. Wezeman" <pwezeman@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>

On 26 Jun 1998, Jim Eadie wrote:

> One obvious problem is the loss of thrust if the large engine failed during
> takeoff or climb.  See 14 CFR 25.121 "Climb: One-engine-inoperative" and
> 25.123 "En route flight paths"

	I believe that they have this problem covered. The smaller
engine is the same size as one of the engines on a conventional twin
of the same weight, so with the big engine out they should climb as
well as a conventional twin with either engine out. Of course the
size of the smaller engine would have to be in proportion to the
slightly greater weight and engine-out drag of the 3X jet.

                        Peter Wezeman, anti-social Darwinist

                             "Carpe Cyprinidae"