Re: DC-9 Hail damage

Date:         16 Jun 98 02:15:13
From:         <adopt@argonet.co.uk>

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) wrote:

>>Part of the "public image" of engines is that
>>they are supposed to be able to ingest/digest
>>frozen turkeys without damage. Right ?

>Not frozen.  There's a joke about how the Brits
>borrowed a turkey cannon from the FAA for a
>locomotive and destroyed half the cab.  They
>asked if they had done something wrong and the
>FAA said "thaw the turkeys."

<..slightly off-topic!...>
..but note that being Brits we didn't have resident
turkeys.  We had to import them from our favourite
cousins... residents of the good 'ole USofA!

On the other hand... many 'locomotives' had major
difficulties in one typically Brit winter snowstorm,
(dank, wet and slushy)... the excuse used by the then
British Rail explaining the none/late arrival of many
of their trains due to engine failure...

..."We are sorry, but it's the wrong type of snow"!

Just as well they didn't have wings to play with...

:))

Bill
ZFC

--
A   R   G   O   N   E   T    ---==============--- adopt@argonet.co.uk
internet provider for all  /                  Adoption InterLink UK