Re: DC-9 Hail damage

Date:         16 Jun 98 02:15:11
From:         Iain Stuart <big-iain@big-iain.demon.co.uk>

Using a combination of fingers and keyboard, <airliners.1998.906@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Karl Swartz <kls@ohare.Chicago.COM> typed
>>Part of the "public image" of engines is that they are supposed to be
>>able to ingest/digest frozen turkeys without damage. Right ?
>
>Not frozen.  There's a joke about how the Brits borrowed a turkey cannon
>from the FAA for a locomotive and destroyed half the cab.  They asked if
>they had done something wrong and the FAA said "thaw the turkeys."

Why would British Rail borrow an FAA cannon when both British Rail
Engineering Ltd and Rolls-Royce are based in Derby ?  (Tho' I have heard
the story being the Yanks borrowed the RR cannon(s) and made the frozen
boob.)

[Moderator's note:  Perhaps it's just a joke?  -- Karl]

s'pose you all know the correct attitude for the duck to be fired in at ?
Tail first, with head tucked undr a wing.

Simulates the real life case, where the bird thinks "What's that noise behind
me?....Oh sh..."splat.

Anyone mentioned the cat event ?
       Big-Iain