Re: end of the line for the MD-11

Date:         16 Jun 98 02:15:05
From:         Marc Schaeffer <marcmsc*****@cmdnet.lu>

Karl Swartz wrote:

> >Looking at this Boeing decision, Airbus should have axed for a long time
> >it's A310 and A300 lines !
>
> It's pretty amazing that Airbus has kept those lines going.  However,
> there's significant commonality between them and the A330/A340 so it
> may not be as expensive as it seems.

Right in addition it would dig a hole in the Airbus models, between the
A321 and the A332.

>  >To the best of my knowledge total orders are 191.
>
> So 9 options/reserves?

Concerning options LH has 3 which are supposed to be converted (approved
by the board) the other 3 options are due in Nov-98. To the best of my
knowledge EVA Air holds another two options. This sums up at 8. But what
the heck is a reserve ? Never heard of this before in this business !
Maybe someone can enlighten me ?!?

> I see no reason to expect that MD-11 values will plummet.  With nearly
> 200 of them built, and substantial commonality with the DC-10, it's not
> like they're rare orphans.

Ok maybe I was too pessimistic. Again time will tell us ...

My views,
Marc Schaeffer, Luxembourg  mailto:marcmsc@geocities.com
WWW  http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/8803/
The DE HAVILLAND COMET website http://surf.to/comet