Re: Development of MD-11?

Date:         16 Jun 98 02:15:04
From:         spagiola@my-dejanews.com

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) wrote:
> >>UA has their 777's set with a TIGHT seating arrangment ...
> >>People say flying on a 777 is like having your knees placed in your
> >>mouth.
>
> >Not on a Singapore Airlines B777-200. They seat only 286 in a three class
> >configuration, so imagine the large legroom available even on economy
> >class!!!!!!
>
> UA only had six more seats in theirs, a total of 292.  Their newest ones
> have even fewer seats, a total of 278 (officially 272 because they no
> longer count the six crew rest seats) but the two rows of Y seats which
> were removed went entirely to add space to F.  So, Singapore's 286 could
> still result in lousy seating for those in Y if they gave all the space
> to those up front.

Along these lines, I was surprised at how uncomfortable Cathay Pacific's
economy class is on the A330. Although they have one of the best economy
class seats I've ever experienced, they jam them in so tight that when the
seat in front of you reclines, it completely jams you in -- there's simply no
way to get out, if you're not a contortionist, without having the person in
front lift his seat back. Here too, it seems to be a case of giving all the
space to the folks in front.

Stefano Pagiola
--
All opinions are my own.
850 N Randolph Str No.817, Arlington VA 22203, USA