Re: Rosemount Probe

Date:         29 May 98 02:44:07
From:         "john r." <john@guava.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1998.733@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "Yves E. Hoebeke"
<yhoebeke@sprynet.com> writes
>I would like to understand how the Rosemount probe can deliver accurate TAT
>info while it's heating element (anti-ice) is switched on.
>
>I understand from my textbooks that this will not interfere with its
>measurement accuracy, but I do not understand how.

 Its in the design, I am told. The sensor takes air from the center of
the flow whereas heated air is on only the outer side of the flow. There
must be a very small heating effect but is is disregarded. I once
changed a probe for inflight errors and found a large charred locust
jammed inside, disrupting the airflow.
It certainly does heat the sensors if run on the ground, its how we
check both the probes a/ice heating and signal.

Cheers,
--
  _J_O_H_N____R_E_L_P_H____________   john@guava.demon.co.uk

                                 Teddington, Middlesex in Cold Old England.