Re: Northwest DC10's

Date:         17 May 98 00:43:24
From:         rlawler@isd.net

Flanders wrote:
> Northwest also just recently acquired a few DC-10's from Swissair too.
> (Last year)
>
> As far as replacing them, I don't know of any plans by Northwest to replace
> them, but they still have a commitment to Airbus for around 15 A-330's.

There have been several DC-10-30's leased or purchased from the KSSU
consortium and being followed by by a purchase from Varig and from Thai
Air.  One more DC-10-30 from World Airlines "may?" occur later this
year. That aircraft was the last DC-10 manufactured by McDonnel/Douglas.

As for the future.  There may be an announcement laster this year
regarding the companies plans to obtain new generation aircraft.
Whether its a Boeing or Airbus will be the question..

rwl