Re: What could replace the P-3?

Date:         17 May 98 00:43:05
From:         don@news.daedalus.co.nz (Don Stokes)

In article <airliners.1998.681@ohare.Chicago.COM>, S.L. <look@the.sig> wrote:
>stretched P-3. My understanding is that the navy IS getting worried
>about how much life is left in the P-3 fleet, and is considering options
>such as using C-130 derivatives. But I dont know anything definite. I've

The RNZAF is re-winging its P-3s, which are some of the oldest flying --
there just isn't the money to buy new P-3s, which seems to be the only
thing that fills the ASW, SAR and fisheries patrol missions the P-3s are
used for.

--
Don Stokes, Networking Consultant  http://www.daedalus.co.nz  +64 25 739 724
Network Design, Cable Plans, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Internet Consulting