Re: 757-300

Date:         04 May 98 02:20:29
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>In about 5 years, some of the airlines' 757-200's will be almost 20
>years old and ready to be replaced.  Does anyone believe that some of
>the airlines, who are not carrying much freight, might replace 757-200's
>with 737-900's?

The 757 launch customers were British Airways and Eastern, with Delta
not far behind with the first order for PW2000-powered 757s.  BA and DL
have both recently added new 757-200s to their fleet, so it seems like
they'll probably stick with them.  (EA is of course long gone.)

>I have read that the operating cost per seat on the 737-900 is as low
>as that of the 757-300.

Perhaps, but you get what you pay for.  The 737-900 may be cheaper to
operate per seat than a 757-200, but it doesn't have the range, nor does
it have the payload capability.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com