Re: airliner market analysis [long]

Date:         18 Apr 98 00:49:42
From:         ddd@ix.netcom.com

  Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang) wrote:

> In article <airliners.1998.520@ohare.Chicago.COM>,
> Karl Swartz <kls@ohare.Chicago.COM> wrote:
> >>Taiwan's EVA Air was found around 1991/92.  They have taken delivery of
> >>non-ER B767-200 from Boeing as late as 1995 or 1996.  I believe they
> >>have four of them.
> >
> >EVA Air was founded in 1989.  Their four 767-25E aircraft were delivered
> >January thru April 1994, one per month.  I'm amazed that anyone was
> >buying 767-200s that late.  On what sorts of routes do they fly them?

According to the EVA Air Timetable that I just picked up at the airport, the
767-200 currently flies the following routes:  Taipei-Macau (twice daily),
Taipei-Manila, Taipei-Yangon, Kaohsiung-Singapore, Kaohsiung-Jakarta, Taipei-
Kaohsiung-Surabaya, Taipei-Denpasar (Bali), and Kaosiung-Denpasar (Bali).
Only a few of these flights are daily.

steve damrau
ddd@ix.netcom.com