Re: Acceleration of a 747

Date:         11 Apr 98 02:16:38
From:         julian@gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com (Julian Fitzherbert)

In article <airliners.1998.518@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "Andreas Contes" <Andreas.Contes@dialup.FH-Aachen.de> writes:
>Can someone tell me how great ist the acceleration of a 747 or an other
>300-400 passengers aircraft. And at which speed the aircraft lift up.

Takeoff run for a loaded 747 is approximately 30 secs (+ - 5 secs)
Take off speed is approximately 180 knots (+ - 10 knots)
Landing speed is approximately 120 knots (+ - 5 knots)

All from memory of timing a takeoff roll and watching the passenger
flight info screen which displays speed and altitude.

A 747 pilot will tell you for sure

--
Julian Fitzherbert
Research Geophysicist       Data Analysis Product Development,