Re: airliner market analysis [long]

Date:         11 Apr 98 02:16:29
From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)

>>Taiwan's EVA Air was found around 1991/92.  They have taken delivery of
>>non-ER B767-200 from Boeing as late as 1995 or 1996.  I believe they
>>have four of them.
>
>EVA Air was founded in 1989.  Their four 767-25E aircraft were delivered
>January thru April 1994, one per month.  I'm amazed that anyone was
>buying 767-200s that late.  On what sorts of routes do they fly them?

I have no doubt that your dates are correct.  However, when I said
1991/92, I meant EVA started operation around that time.

EVA's 767-200s are mostly based in Taiwan's southern city of Kaohsiung
and they are used mostly for services between Kaohsiung and SE Asia.
BTW, EVA is about to start B747 combi service between Kaohsiung and
Los Angeles.