Re: Request for help: Bristol 170 family

Date:         02 Apr 98 01:23:55
From:         john@pegase.demon.co.uk (John Wright)

On 30 Mar 98 04:31:35 , in <airliners.1998.558@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Felix Rosbergen wrote:
>Ik work at Schiphol ( Amsterdam Airport ) and somebody last weekend said
>' look there goes a Bristol'.
>I don't know what type or anything, but the guy said it was at least 30
>years old.
>I was on old 4 porp plane with a vage appearence of a hercules.
>The one i saw is still in service as a freighter for 'Heavy Lift', an
>air cargo company.

That was most likely a Short Belfast. Only 10 were ever built
(1964-1966), as military freighters for the RAF, and on being taken out
of RAF service, in 1976 some went to Heavy Lift Airlines and are still
used by them.

--
John Wright

"There's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got _much_ spam in it."
"I don't want *any* spam..."