Re: Request for help: Bristol 170 family

Date:         02 Apr 98 01:23:50
From:         mmitch@cix.co.uk (Michael Mitchell.)

In article <airliners.1998.558@ohare.Chicago.COM>, rosgro@wxs.nl (Felix Rosbergen) wrote:
> Ik work at Schiphol ( Amsterdam Airport ) and somebody last weekend said
> ' look there goes a Bristol'.
> I don't know what type or anything, but the guy said it was at least
> 30 years old.
> I was on old 4 porp plane with a vage appearence of a hercules.
> The one i saw is still in service as a freighter for 'Heavy Lift', an
> air cargo company.

 Heavylift operate 2 Shorts Belfast a/c From a distance they look like
a C130 BUT up closer they are much bigger. One does operate around
European airports. They also used to operate 'Conroy' converted Bristol
Britannia freighters with a fatter fuselage. I don't know if any are
still in use. Both types have four turbo-props.

         Mike Mitchell.
 Aviation enthusiast not fanatic.