Re: Tu-144LL

Date:         02 Apr 98 01:23:49
From:         Ken Stoorza <kens@ncd.com>

rafal d filipczyk wrote:
> I've just read an article (clari.world.europe.russia) on
> Tupolev's supersonic passenger jet Tu-144LL. It looks
> that the design produced very good preliminary results.

Isn't this the same a/c that has been around since the late 60's/early
70's? If so, I recall that the passenger routes were abandoned (late
70's?) because the thing had a real penchant for consuming *lots* of
fuel. I believe it was then used for mail flights until that was also
halted due to economics (read:  fuel) in the late 80's.

I would guess it's the same a/c fitted with new engines.

--
Ken Stoorza