Re: Northwest DC10's

Date:         02 Apr 98 01:23:46
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>I heard that they were going to expand their 10 fleet. Maybe some UAL
>birds ????

Unlikely, since Northwest's DC-10s are all -30 and -40 models.  Right
now, United is only getting rid of their -10 models (most or all of the
remaining ones are going to FedEx) while keeping the eight -30s.  In
fact, four of the -30s have quite recently been converted to freighters,
and I wouldn't be too surprised to see the others converted, too.  With
that sort of investment, I expect UA will keep them for a while.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com