Re: transpacific service

Date:         30 Mar 98 04:31:10
From:         Jun Eu Tang <ms7jet@mtek.chalmers.se>

> 2. After CAAC was broken up into Air China, China Eastern, China
> Southern, China Braniff, et. al., most (all) transpacific service was
> flown by Beijing-based Air China. Now, China Eastern, China Southern
> have joined Air China over the Pacific. What's the breakdown on these
> three airlines' transpacific service?

China Southern only has thrice-weekly CAN(Guangzhou)-LAX nonstop on the
B777-200IGW. China Eastern has MD-11 (or the A340-300 now) passenger
flights to LAX as well as SEA (I have seen one there) from Shanghai, and
cargo flights to more cities. Air China has B747 flights to LAX, SFO
(I'm not so sure) and JFK (when I was there 4 years ago). At that time,
the CA flight I saw originated from Shanghai.
Anyway, you may want to check out their websites for more up-to-date
info.

> re: photo above
> Qantas-anyone care to guess what the angular protrusion behind the nose
> of the PA 707 is? (no I don't know)

I'll make an educated guess when I see the photo. I'll settle for
cable-TV at the moment. --- :)

Regards.