Re: A318

Date:         28 Mar 98 14:21:38
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>>Since the A319 is already known as the baby-bus, I took some time to
>>think about what the micro-bus A318 will look like.

>Actually, isn't Airbus looking for Asian partners for the A316/317, which
>would be narrowbody (w/ 2+3 seating in coach) jetliners in the 100-seat
>category?  Of course, this begs the question:  is Airbus saving the A318
>designation for a possible future jetliner, either a stretch of the A317 or
>yet another shortening of the A319.

That's the AE316/317 -- note the E.  That project is under study by
Airbus (actually subsidiary Airbus Industrie Asia) along with AVIC of
China and Singapore Technologies.  Politics have been hindering that
project, so as a backup Airbus has been considering a further shrink
of the A320 to create what would presumably be called the A318.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com