Re: airliner market analysis [long]

Date:         24 Mar 98 11:38:54
From:         "Thomas A. Beckley" <beckley@sprintmail.com>

>> ... Boeing stopped offering the 767-200 years ago. (The airframe
>> is still produced for the E-767 AWACS, but that's it.)
>> Boeing obviously agreed with your assesment that the investment
>> wasn't worth even keeping the model in the catalog.
>
>Is that true? I know none have been ordered in a while, but I haven't
>heard anything about them no longer offering it. Its listed in the
>Boeing's website, with no indication that I can see that it's not on
>offer.

Isn't Boeing currently offering the 767-200 to the national airline in
India.  I remember seeing somewhere that Boeing and Airbus were competing
for it and there was a lot of mud slinging because both airlines were
offering "older" model airliners.  I think Boeing started it because Airbus
was offering the A300 (or maybe the A310) and Boeing came out and said
Airbus doesn't even make that plane anymore, and Airbus responded by saying
Boeing hasn't sold a 767-200 since 1991.