Re: Ethiopian Airlines 767 fleet (& hijacking 23.xi.96)

Date:         09 Jan 98 00:51:07
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>I've been trying to discover some more about the Ethiopian Airlines 767
>that was lost as a result of a hijacking last November. Where would I be
>likely to find the following information?

Right here.  :-)

>How old was the aircraft, and how long had Ethiopian been flying it? How
>many 767s had Ethiopian at the time of the tragedy?

The accident aircraft, ET-EIZ (msn 23916, ln 187) was the newest of
three 767-260(ER) aircraft in Ethiopian's fleet.  It first flew on
September 17, 1987; Boeing delivered it to Ethiopian on October 22,
1987.  Air Tanzania leased it on June 1, 1991 and returned it on
February 17, 1992.  It otherwise flew for Ethiopian durings its life
of just over nine years.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com