Re: A320 emergency procedure

Date:         24 Mar 98 11:38:25
From:         philvsr@easynet.fr (Philippe Vessaire)

Robert Kochersberger <rckeg@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

The last time I rode in the cockpit of a Lufthansa Airbus 321 (earlier
>this week), the pilot told me he'd just done simulator practice on
>landing the plane after a complete failure of the fly-by-wire system. He
>said the plane can be landed using only rudders and elevator trim, but
>it's a very challenging exercise. Any Airbus pilots out there who can
>comment on how it's done?

For pitch: elevator trim (hydraulic actuator)
For yaw:   hydro-mecanical servo as all other airplanes
For roll:  engine thust disymetry.

we need a very long long final approch and only little actions
are usefull.

--

Salutations
                      Philippe