Re: 777's

Date:         03 Mar 98 03:13:07
From:         "Tirath Patel" <tman@sylvania.sev.org>

trfox@hotmail.com wrote in message ...
>Was just on Delta today and asked the Captain about the 777 order that
>was supposedly canceled by Malaysian Airlines. He said the deal fell
>through because of the configurations not being what Delta needed and
>the price was steep because of the currency crisis...don't know why.
>Just another data point...doesn't look like 777's soon at Delta...
>tonyc

Well actually,
    Malaysia was out of cash in this currency crisis. I don't know why, but
the Malaysian government is going to still build a new Kuala Lumpur airport.
The government is cash stripped. Delta is looking into the 777 to replace
their L1011s and MD11s.
US Airways is also looking into 777s. The Seattle Times recently reported
that US Airways might give their choice of either 777s or A330s by This
week.