Re: A300 Crashes in Asia

Date:         03 Mar 98 03:12:58
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>c) Whatever became of the investigations surrounding the recent Silk Air,
>Garuda, and CAL A300 crashes?

Silk Air 185 was a 737-300, not an A300.  Investigators appear to be
mystified by this one.

Garuda 152 was indeed an A300, but it seems likely that controller error
and/or miscommunication between the controller and the pilots will be
identified as the primary cause.  The fact that it was an A300 appears
to be sheer bad luck.

>These incidents are too much of a coincidence, wouldn't you say?

Given that the three have little in common other than general part of
the world, I'd say it's hard to argue it's anything other than coincidence.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com