Pilot Training at Obscure Airports (was: Southwest Airlines 737-700)

Date:         19 Feb 98 01:34:37
From:         westin*nospam@graphics.cornell.edu (Stephen H. Westin)

rcteller@aol.com (RcTeller) writes:

> It seems Southwest has been using -700's out of Ellington Field near
> Houston for training.  It's attracted the attention of many at the
> airport where I work who just assume they've started service there.

<snip>

When I visited Legoland back in 1990, I was a bit surprised to see a
shiny new Lufthansa 747-400 take off from the adjacent airport at
Billup, Denmark. Seemed like an odd place to offer intercontinental
service. Then I saw it take off again about 15 minutes later. And
again, and again...

--
-Stephen H. Westin