Re: Runway Lengths

Date:         19 Feb 98 01:34:15
From:         roberts975@aol.com (RobertS975)

>Could someone mail me the length of runway needed to land for today's
>airliners?  I live in a city with an airport of 7,500 feet and wondered
>what exactly could land there.  I'd love to see a DC-10 fly in.

Any current airliner could land and take off in 7500 feet.  Larger
wide-body jets such as a 747 would have be relatively light to do that
distance, however.  Air Force One, a 747-200 with mods, has been into
Providence RI which has a 6800 foot runway.  But it will only take off
with enough fuel for the fifty minute flight back to Andrews AFB.