Re: TWA 800 question: fuel flow problem

Date:         11 Feb 98 04:26:32
From:         tyler@plk.af.mil (David Tyler)

jf mezei <"[non-spam]jfmezei"@videotron.ca> writes:

>Last question: with a wing tank almost full, what would happen if a pump
>in centre fuel tank were to start to pump air/fumes from an empty centre
>tank to a wing tank. Would this cause bubbles/foam to form in the wing
>tank ? Could this possibly cause an engine's fuel intake to draw some of
>that bubbled fuel and explain the "crazy fuel flow indicator" ?

if that were the case, one would observe correlated engine phenomena
such as fluctuating egt, etc., indicating that the amount of fuel go-
ing to the engine _really was_ changing.  as it stands, it seems like
an instrument problem.

dave
-David W. Tyler                    "It seems you feel our work is not
-Air Force Research Laboratory          of benefit to the public."
-Albuquerque, New Mexico
-tyler@plk.af.mil                              --Rachel