Re: Southwest Airlines 737-700

Date:         03 Feb 98 19:52:55
From:         Chris Dahler <dahler@iglobal.net>

On 24 Jan 1998 skiea3b@earthlink.net wrote:
> Southwest started revenue service on 1/18/98 with their first 737-700
> (N700GS). Does anyone know the routing or how the aircraft is
> performing?

I got a chance to fly 700GS just the other day out of DAL.  What a
fabulous aircraft!  The airplane rides better through bumps due to the
larger wing, the power is a noticeable improvement, and the glass
displays are clean and easy to read.  So far, the -700 is being used on
short flights in and out of DAL (on Sunday, I flew it
DAL-AMA-DAL-AUS-DAL-AMA-DAL), and on short flights out of PHX.  SW will
continue this practice for a few months until all the bugs show up and
are ironed out, and then the aircraft will be put into general service
throughout the system.  So far, no complaints.

Chris