Re: Boeing 720

Date:         26 Jan 98 01:46:34
From:         niels@nospam.demon.co.uk (Niels Sampath)

           trevfenn@erols.com "trevfenn" writes:

>Correct, the KC-135/C-135 etc have the same fuselage section as the
>original Boeing 707 prototype model 367-80 which is smaller than the

	Nope  the Dash-80 was 12" narrower than the -135!

>production 707.  The -135's also have a different wing to the 707.
				^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	re: diff. wing
	Only compared to the later `turbofan' 707s. Not the early
short-bodied AND `non-fanjet'-powered 707-100 series.
	Believe me, there were many many observable 707 variations due
to re-engining and on-going aerodynamic modifications. I, and a group of
fellow airliner-model-building hobbyist collleagues have been researching
and trying to get to grips with the 707 for years now  and inconsistancies
still keep popping up.
The only truism is:
It is very hard to generalize -anything- about 707s, except that most
had 4 engines attached. <g>  And different 707 books/sources will often
contradict each other because they are focusing on examples of the same
aircraft at different times in its life.
--
-Niels