Re: ? on 737-700

Date:         26 Jan 98 01:46:33
From:         faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure)

In article <airliners.1998.189@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "Thomas A. Beckley"
<beckley@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> >I think the 3rd generation 737s mostly just incorporate new avionics, more
> >efficient engines, and a redesigned larger wing to increase fuel capacity
> >and wing performance/efficiency.
>
> Are the second generation 737's currently using the same interior (seats,
> overhead bins, etc.) as the NG 737's?  For that matter, are 757's and 767's
> using the same interior components where possible?

No.  The single-aisle 757 and the twin-aisle 767 do not use any common
interior components that I'm aware of.  The structures are too different
to allow that.  The New Generation 737 models and the new 757 have a new
interior design that is based on the interior design of the 777.  To my
knowledge, the interiors going into the 737-300/400/500 are the same as
they've always been.

C. Marin Faure
  author, Flying A Floatplane