Re: Single engine jet (VisionAire).

Date:         25 Jan 98 03:27:38
From:         "seo" <s_odle@earthlink.net>

Filip De Vos wrote in message ...
>This (stick-shake and pusher) seems quite strange. I thought the canard
>configuration precluded the design from stalling, as is usual with other
>Rutan designs. So why did the FAA add the shaker/pusher?

There are many reasons which might have rquired a pusher/shaker to be
required.

A shaker may be required due to either inadequate or non-existant natural
(aerodynamic) stall warning in any or all configurations.

A pusher may be required due to poor (or even uncertifiable) stall
characteristics.

To know the exact reasons on this aircraft you would have to ask the
manufacturer.