Re: airbag anyone??

Date:         25 Jan 98 03:27:31
From:         don@news.daedalus.co.nz (Don Stokes)

>The military (at least in the US, but probably elsewhere) uses all rear-
>facing seats on transports so equipped.  They don't give a damn what the
>"passengers" think, so they go for safety.  I've walked through a C-9A
>Nightingale (military DC-9-30) which had seating in the latter half, and
>it certainly did look weird at first!

I think it's pretty much standard practice the world over -- I've seen it
done way back in RNZAF Bristol Freighters (just before they were retired
and replaced by 2nd hand Andovers).

Of course operators of military transports have to cope with the fact that
there's a rather better chance that someone will actively try to crash their
birds, something commercial operators mostly don't have to worry about.

--
Don Stokes, Networking Consultant  http://www.daedalus.co.nz  +64 25 739 724
Network Design, Cable Plans, LANs, WANs, Radio Networks, Internet Consulting