Re: MD-95-30 becomes 717-200 "Regional Jet"

Date:         25 Jan 98 03:27:16
From:         don@news.daedalus.co.nz (Don Stokes)

David Lednicer  <dave@amiwest.com> wrote:
>The KC-135Es are KC-135As reengined with JT3Ds (TF-33s) removed from
>retired 707s.  They also have 707 horizontal tails.  The KC-135As
>reengined with CFM56s (F108s) also have 707 horizontal tails. Some
>KC-135Es are now also being reengined with CFM56s to make them
>KC-135Rs.

Was that the horizontal or vertical tail?  I ask coz an extension was
added to the 707 vertical tail to give better directional stability after
the dutch roll incidents (and the change was retrofitted to 707s already
built), but not added to the 717.

I don't recall a change to the horizontal stabiliser on the 707 --
what was it (and why)?

--
Don Stokes, Networking Consultant  http://www.daedalus.co.nz  +64 25 739 724
Network Design, Cable Plans, LANs, WANs, Radio Networks, Internet Consulting