Re: Fuel Dump Question

Date:         23 Dec 98 03:53:00
From:         Driftwood Media Services <eric@driftwoodservicesgroup.com>

Peter Mchugh wrote:
> I think we have overstated the propensity of kerosene to evaporate... and
> believe that dumping can't be as environmentally clean as suggested.  I
> far better like the over weight landing option (when feasible) in terms
> of the longevity of the greater numbers of living things.

As much as I am concerned about air travel's impact on the global
environment and the need to protect natural resources in the course of
day-to-day operations, I, in my admittedly less-than-politically-correct
mind, cannot think of a single instance where any number of living
creatures come ahead of the safety of the potentially hundreds of very real
people on a jet transport.

Air crews have enough to worry about, trusted with the safety of people's
parents, children, loved ones, partners - the fear that EPA should wave
their Magic Fine-Levying Wand shouldn't even enter their minds - their
focus when they need to get back on the ground safely and quickly should be
just that.  Keeping people alive counts most.

Eric Thompson