Re: Remote Camera Views

Date:         23 Dec 98 03:52:59
From:         Lukas Lusser <lusser@ubaclu.unibas.ch>

Karl Swartz schrieb:
> The 777-300 includes at least one camera as a taxiing aid.  (This
> aircraft is the longest in service, so ground ops are a serious
> challenge.)

Hi all,

not only do 777 operators use external video feed for the crew, but
(some) also transmit the video images to the passengers. About a year
ago, I flew an Emirates 777 to Hong Kong (yes, still the old
checkerboard  approach to runway 13). On that flight, I enjoyed video
feeds from the forward facing camera - for the duration of the whole
flight - on the personal monitor in the back of the seat in front of me
and - for take off and landing - on the "big screen" in the center of
the cabin (no monitors, still the old retractable silver screens with
overhead movie projectors). Enjoying a forward facing view when rushing
in over those skyscrapers of Kowloon was really "hot".

L. Lusser
Bird Publishing at http://www.bird.ch/