Re: Boeing 720

Date:         24 Jan 98 14:47:01
From:         Jan Willem de Wijn <pair@xs4all.nl>

Allen wrote:
> The main visible difference of the Boeing 720, it does not have a
> metal tube jutting foreward at the top of the vertical fin.

Today, I'm hanging my Classics Airliners 1998 calender on the wall.
It opens with a nice photograph of Boeing 720B D-ABOP with ....
a metal tube jutting forward at the top of the vertical fin.

Caption reads: Lufthansa introduced the smaller, 106 seat, Boeing 720B
in May 1961 on its more lightly traveled route to South America. LH was
the first non-US airline to operate the 720 ...