Re: Aircraft Service Life

Date:         03 Nov 98 02:05:53
From:         <ranck@joesbar.cc.vt.edu>

Robin Johnson <robinjohnson@southcom.com.au> wrote:
> "Tom Furnivall" <tom.furnivall@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>>What are any of these figures (in cycles, flying hours, or years) for
>>aircraft currently in service or production.

> Hoghest time I know of is TWA's high-time 747, N53110, which was
> retired in February with 105,759 hours and 19,163 cycles.

I recall from a PBS broadcast on the 50th aniversary of the DC3
there was one still flying in commuter service in Mass.  I think
it was the highest time commercial aircraft then flying in the US,
but it may have been retired since then.

--
Bill Ranck                +1-540-231-3951                    ranck@vt.edu
   Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Computing Center