Re: Mystery over 1992 El-Al crash

Date:         03 Nov 98 02:05:50
From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

> The Dutch press and Los Angeles Times reporter Carol Williams have
> been looking into mysteries surrounding the 1992 El Al crash in
> Amsterdam. [Moderator; add date/details??]

The aircraft crashed into an apartment (?) building on October 10, 1992
after the #3 engine separated from the aircraft, damaging the leading
edge of the wing and knocking off the #4 engine in the process.  I have
it as 54 people killed, mostly on the ground, though I'm not sure they
ever really came up with an exact number.

The accident aircraft was a 747-258F, registration 4X-AXG, line number
362.

  - Andrew A. Rooney