Re: B757/B767/B777 Stearing system?

Date:         24 Jan 98 14:46:48
From:         gfmoff1@airmail.net (Gary Moffitt)

In article <airliners.1998.118@ohare.Chicago.COM>, dangeorg@popmail.mcs.net (Dan McDaniel) wrote:
> I fly a Gulfstream III and Gulfstream IV.  My boss asked me if the
> rudder pedals were connected to the stearing wheel in the Boeing
> aircraft.  Some aircraft are interconnected and others are seperate.
> Please email comments to dangeorg@popmail.mcs.net/~dangeorg

Can't tell you about a 777 for sure but on a 757 and 767 the rudder pedals
most definately are connected to the nose wheel steering, the tiller will
give you 65 degrees of left and right control and the rudder pedals will
give you 7.5 degrees of left and right control.  The rudder pedal
streering input is    primarily used for runway centerline alignment.

--
Gary S. Moffitt